It is my sunshine on a rainy day… It is the wind beneath my wings…. and yes, I would even go as far to say God must have spent a little more time on it. True, there are several things that I could place into these categories, but none as COLORFUL, as INSPIRING, as… The Spray Paint Aisle at Wal-Mart.
Yes, there are few aisles at Wal-Mart I frequent more than the spray paint aisle (except MAYBE the aisle where they sell Miley Cyrus’s clothing line… but isn’t that everyone?? ).
A $2.97 can of spray paint (and that’s the high-end of the price spectrum!) offers endless possibilities when it comes to art, decorating and recycling. That’s right… despite what the EPA may say, cans of aerosol spray paint are [sorta]GOOD for the environment! According to statistics, spray paint reduces the amount of garbage sent to landfills by 43.5% (kids & students out there… I would NOT use that statistic for any type of graded assignment).
Rather than throwing an item away, or passing by it at a yard sale, stop and ask yourself, “What if I SPRAY PAINTED IT”. With spray paint, you can…
- Make something old & dirty look new & pretty
- Change the color or finish of something so it coordinates with your existing decor… tying the whole room together! 🙂
- Cover up & prevent rust
- Add super neat-o crackle, hammered metal, and other textural effects
- Quickly paint unusual shaped objects
- Incorporate it into canvas paintings & other art projects